Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Dear Boy

Dear Boy,

I do not know who you are, or where or when we will meet, but i do hope it is soon.

I pray that when we meet and fall in love, you will love me for me, and not hope for someone who is thinner or prettier. I hope you won't compare me to girls who may have brighter smiles or better grades, or who can jump higher. I hope that you will make me laugh, take care of me if i get sick, and be trustworthy.

I hope you will remember that i prefer roses to daisies, and that my favourite colour changes with my mood. Please know that my eyes aren't blue; they're brown.

Please know that I might be too shy to kiss you first, but please don't be afarid. I won't slap you or push you away. I'm sure your kisses will be perfect. When we go on date, please don't stress about where to take me; what's important is that I'm with you.

If I cry, please know it isn't because of you; just hold me close and I'll heal quickly. And, if it is because of you, I'll heal just the same.

And if we decide to break up, please understand that I may be bitter, but I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me. I promise to remember that you have feelings, too, even though you'll never admit it, and when you are ready, we'll have a "special friendship."

Please tell me if anything I do bothers you, or if something just doesn't sit right. I would like you to always be honest with me. If I had a bad day, I hope you will shower me with confidence and smiles.

I hope you don't think that I'm asking too much of you. I hope you understand that I'm a little nervous and very scared. I wish I could tell you how or when we will meet, and if we will be in love forever. Every relationship is a new game of cards, and...(sigh)... I've never been good at cards. But I will try my best to be kind and love you dearly for all that you are, without expecting too much from you. Thank you for listening-this is all that I ask.

Yours always,
Pauline

No comments: