Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A Heart Too Soft

The pain is within me I can't get it out.
It does me no good to scream and to shout.
The moans I emit and the tears that fall
Do nothing to ease my pain at all.

They say time's a healer. I pray that it's true.
And wait for the healing is all I can do.
For my heart has been broken, my faith in man crushed.
I trusted in others and in the end lost.

I've been such a fool, for too soft is my heart
And it opens wide up for each fiery dart.
What good is a heart that is tender and meek,
That smashes to pieces beneath others' feet?

Of what use can it be when it fills up with pain
For it trusts and it loves again and again.
A heart that is hard, that loves not at all,
That never will trust, feels no pain at all.

But it also feels nothing of life that is sweet.
Can it be there's a middle where hard and soft meet?
Should I go on believing in my fellow man?
Is it worth the great risk if I'm let down again?

In my soul I believe that the answer is yes,
For to live without love could never be best.
To never know friendship, what good would life be?
So the risks are worth taking, at least for me.

I'll guard my heart the best that I can,
Knowing that I'll get hurt again.
That's the risk I must take, and that's what I'll do,
For to live without love just never would do.


When you know it is time for a relationship to end
it's best just to end it.
The longer you wait, the messier things get.

No comments: